Pages

Go Outside and Share Some Sweets

Go Outside and Share Some Sweets

When I think of sweets, a lot of things come into my mind – chocolates, candies, ice cream, lollipops, bubble gum, cakes, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts, and the list goes on. At an early age, I knew that I have a great liking for sweets and any other food that tasted sweet. Despite numerous warnings and discouragement from my mom on eating too much sweets (given a history of diabetes in the family), I still couldn't stop myself from gorging all those chewy and sugary bites.

Although I love sweets and I tend to gormandize on them with every opportunity, it never occurred to me to simply hide some in cabinets and keep them for myself. Instead, I bring a handful of these delicious treats every time I go out and give them to my friends or any hungry child I pass by as I walk through a street. For me, nothing is more delightful than a chocolate shared with a friend or two and the big smiles and happy faces I get as I let all of my sweets go.

I know a few days have passed since Easter Sunday and many of us have received a fair amount of goodies from the "Easter Bunny." Now is the perfect time to share your treats to someone new. Here’s what I would like you to do today: go outside, take out your mouth-watering sweets, show your best smile, and give one to every person you meet. Isn't that sweeter?  
  

No comments: