Pages

Go Outside and Have a Picnic


Go Outside And Have A Picnic

As a child, I was always excited about having picnics. I even have a picture of me as a one-year old baby taken during one picnic day with my cousins. In the photo, I looked very eager to open a box of Cheese Curls. Back when everyone in my family lives in the same house and computers and other electronic gadgets were less popular, we used to spend some weekends visiting the park and having lunch together. In my memory, I can still vividly recall details of our gorgeous feast: a picnic straw mat filled with plates of delicious ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches; hot and crispy chicken; sweet and creamy fruit salad; and thick swirls of chocolate ice cream. After lunch, we usually just chat and laugh at our silly jokes, listen to the soft melodies of my cousin’s guitar, or ride our bikes around the park. Those picnics were really fun.

Sadly, now that I’m older, I don’t get to hang around much with my cousins. Like many people, I live in a city where almost everybody no longer has time to visit parks or to have picnics with their family and friends. These days, we often communicate with other people through our computers and phones. But why not break a routine and do something different for once?

If you have the luxury and time to be extravagant, you should visit one of the most beautiful parks in the world and have your picnic there. Go hiking or simply enjoy the breathtaking scenery. If you don’t have time or can’t afford to travel, you can be creative and still have a wonderful picnic. You can lay your picnic mat outside the house or on the lawn or in the garden. I hope you would also get a chance to see colorful flowers and smell the fresh scent from trees. Do whatever you want! Just remember, the important thing is to appreciate the beauty of your outside world and spend time with the people you love. So, go on and have that picnic! 

No comments: