Pages

Go Outside and Ride a Bus

Go Outside And Ride a Bus

In the midst of the busy streets of a big city, riding a bus may not seem to be a good idea. From a commuter’s perspective, taking the bus during a typical rush hour can mean standing uncomfortably while sharing an overcrowded space with other people in a hot, rough, and painfully slow ride. For some, paying an overpriced taxi fare is a risk worth taking than getting trapped with a rambunctious crowd inside the bus. I sometimes agree with this point of view, thinking that a bus trip won’t bring ease and safety. Having said that, why do I even encourage you to go outside and ride a bus?

Believe or not, a bus ride going home or travelling somewhere else can also provide comfort and relaxation. As a regular passenger, I often catch the bus when there is less traffic and there are fewer people or when I feel a bit meditative. As I enjoy my ride, I sit beside the window and stare dreamily outside. Most of the time, I observe people and make up stories about them. When things get boring, I think about something funny and secretly smile. If the journey takes a little longer than usual, I even try to write poetry or a happy thought. Sometimes, hours seem to have passed while relaxing and pondering. Other times, the ride takes no longer than a few minutes. But when the bus reaches its final stop, I always end up feeling calm and worry-free. Then, I tell myself “Finally, I’m home.”

Riding the bus isn't always bumpy and scary, don’t you think? I hope that you would try to ride one, too!

No comments: