Pages

Hello Outside World

"I know what we're gonna do today!"

This is a line from Phineas and Ferb. I enjoy watching this cartoon because it's fun. It's about going outside, doing things, being creative, using your imagination, and just having fun. As we grow up, a number of us seem to lose interest to go outside and do things.

We become afraid.

We become afraid of a lot of things that we used to just shrug off. I remember that my friends and I used to climb soccer goal posts and enjoyably jump from them. Now, I get scared even just by thinking about it.

While watching the movie Moonrise Kingdom, it came to me that people should be more adventurous, like Sam and Suzy. But, this doesn't mean that we should just blindly jump again from goal posts. Fear might always be present, but we need to learn how to face and manage our fears and go outside of our comfort zones. And I think that the best way to do this is to practice.

So, in this blog, I'll write down things to do outside; simple, silly, little things that we can do outside and have fun. Hopefully, we can apply these simple things in facing more difficult challenges in our lives.

My goal is to motivate and challenge, even just one person (including myself), to go outside, do something, have fun, and be happy!

No comments: